How to take care of your jewelry
If you want your jewelry to last shiny longer, follow this guide.
- Take your jewellery off if you’re involved in any activity which could scratch, knock or damage it. If in any doubt, take it off and keep it safe.
- Take it off when you go to bed.
- Keep it well away from chemicals, especially chlorine. If it does come into contact with chemicals, rinse it in water immediately.
- Bathe and apply any lotions or perfumes before you put your jewellery on. Organic gemstones like pearls and opals are particularly vulnerable to acids, even perspiration.
- Store it separately, ideally in a ziplock bag. Over time, your jewelry comes in contact with moisture and air which causes it to eventually tarnish. Put it in a ziplock bag and squeeze out all the air before sealing.. Pearls in particular should be kept separately as they are easily scratched by hard gemstones.
- Make sure chains and necklaces are fastened when storing to avoid tangling.
- Remove jewellery while cooking and cleaning.
- When storing jewellery, please keep it away from sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions. The colour of gemstones will become dull when exposed to too much light.
- Give it a wipe. At the end of the day, wipe your jewellery with a anti-tarnish cloth before storing it away. This will make sure any lingering moisture, oils or dust is gone.