How to take care of your jewelry
If you want your jewelry to last shiny longer, follow this guide.
- Take your jewellery off if you’re involved in any activity which could scratch, knock or damage it. If in any doubt, take it off and keep it safe.
- Take it off when you go to bed.
- Keep it well away from chemicals, especially chlorine. If it does come into contact with chemicals, rinse it in water immediately.
- Bathe and apply any lotions or perfumes before you put your jewellery on. Organic gemstones like pearls and opals are particularly vulnerable to acids, even perspiration.
- Store it separately, ideally in a ziplock bag. Over time, your jewelry comes in contact with moisture and air which causes it to eventually tarnish. Put it in a ziplock bag and squeeze out all the air before sealing.. Pearls in particular should be kept separately as they are easily scratched by hard gemstones.
- Make sure chains and necklaces are fastened when storing to avoid tangling.
- Remove jewellery while cooking and cleaning.
- When storing jewellery, please keep it away from sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions. The colour of gemstones will become dull when exposed to too much light.
- Give it a wipe. At the end of the day, wipe your jewellery with a anti-tarnish cloth before storing it away. This will make sure any lingering moisture, oils or dust is gone.
All artwork is the sole property of Maria Charitou -Marie
and is held under copyright
(even after purchase - more info here). The images, artwork, and contents of this website may not be copied, collected, or used for personal or professional gain without the written permission from Maria Charitou. All images of artwork, sold or otherwise, are retained by Maria Charitou.